Cold brewing is a way of making coffee that doesn’t require hot or boiling water. It’s done by soaking coarsely ground coffee beans in room temperature water up to 24 hours, and then filtering it out.
The result is a cup of smooth coffee low in acidity and free of any bitterness at all. This cold brew recipe makes a stronger and concentrated cup of coffee.
- Ground coffee (200 grams, medium-coarse)
- Large jar or pitcher (1 liter size)
- Drinking water (1 liter, room-temperature)
- Drinking glass or cup
- Optional: Ice, sugar, milk
1. Put the ground coffee in the jar or pitcher
For our Cold Brew, we used our Cafe Calypso - "Bonjour" Ground Coffee since we prefer its strong coffee taste! ☕
2. Fully fill the jar or pitcher with water
3. Carefully mix together until the coffee grounds are fully wet and saturated
Like us, you can use mason jars too if you have ☁️
4. Cover the jar or pitcher with a lid, and let the coffee soak at room temperature or inside a refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours
5. After soaking your coffee for many hours, pour it through a fine mesh strainer into your drink-ware of choice
6. Mix the coffee with your blend of choice
For this blend, we just filled our glass with ice to make an Iced Cafe Americano. We added some sugar too for a kick of sweetness, yum! 😋
And for our second serving, we added ice and milk to our Cold Brew coffee to make an Iced Cafe Latte 🥛
Whatever type of coffee blend you want, surely the Cold Brew coffee method can be suitable and sure-fire way to achieve it.
If you tried out our recipe for Cold Brew, feel free to leave a comment below. We'd love check it out. Happy iced coffee season, everyone!